Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The “P” in P.E.A.K. Performance Program

The “P” in P.E.A.K. Performance Program

I started my research about A.D.D. many years ago. I realized the uniqueness of the A.D.D. person. In my attempts to develop an A.D.D-friendly program, I develop the "PEAK Performance" program. The acronym “PEAK” stands for Personal Empowerment thru Accelerated Kinesiology. This week covers the “P” of PEAK Performance, with subsequent weeks on the “E”, “A”, and “P”.

My goal is to devalue the stigma of having to be labeled with a psychiatric disorder and a deficit order as well. In order to start toward the path of healing and growing, one must be accountable for his/her actions. This becomes a first person singular ownership. There is no one to blame for shortcomings. There is no one to take away your earned credits. Blaming is like shifting responsibility and accountability. Therefore, if this program is to work for anyone, it must start from within. This “within” is what I refer to as “Personal”; that means “you”. “You” and only you are in control of your destiny. You do the work, you earn the rewards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker